Types of Membership
The SLMDA is a voluntary organization representing St. Lucia's physicians and dentists. We are recognized as the official organization representing the economic and professional interests of the island's medical and dental practitioners.
The SLMDA is on its way to becoming the effective, political voice in St. Lucia's increasingly complex health care system. Membership in the association affords the benefits of CME programmes and services that are designed to assist the practitioners in their professional and personal pursuits, as well as the collective voice of the medical profession. Four types of memberships are offered:
- Ordinary - to nationals, residents and persons practicing in St. Lucia.
- Affiliate - to doctors who are members of an association with whom SLMDA is affiliated.
- Student - to medical and dental students.
- Honorary - The admission of honorary members shall be by decision of the Executive.
- Junior Doctor - $250.00 (from years 1 - 2), $500.00 (thereafter)
- Specialists - $500.00
- General Practitioner - $500.00
- Honorary - Not Applicable
- Student Doctor - Not Applicable